Minutes- January 9, 2021
A special meeting of the Board of Education of the Creighton Community School District No. 13 was held on January 9, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. in the High School Library.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by publication in the Knox County News, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication attached to the minutes. Notice was also posted at the City Offices, front door of the high school, and front door of the elementary school.
Notice of the meeting was simultaneously sent to all the members and a copy of their acknowledgment and receipt of notice and agenda is attached to these minutes. Availability of the agenda was communicated in the advance notice as was the notice to the members of this meeting. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was opened to the attendance of the public. The agenda for the meeting is attached and incorporated into these minutes.
President Morrill called the meeting to order at 8:35 a.m. Morrill announced that the Open Meeting Laws Act Poster was displayed on the wall at the entrance.
Members present: Kay Morrill, Duane Fanta, Matt Fritz, Dixie Hanefeldt, Greg Kuhlman, and Amy Borgmann.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Kuhlman moved to approve the agenda, seconded by Fanta. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried.
- A pre-interview discussion covered the schedule and procedures for the day.
- The board conducted interviews with the candidates – Daniel Kluver, Ryon Nilson, Josh Weber, and Kevin Finkey. The board took a recess from 11:30 to 12:30 between interviews for lunch.
- The board heard feedback from the interview committees on what they felt were the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate.
- After much deliberation, the board narrowed down the candidates. Fanta moved to offer the superintendent contract to Josh Weber and to Daniel Kluver if he doesn’t accept. Seconded by Fritz. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried.
- At 4:41 p.m., Morrill moved to enter executive session for contract bargaining strategies. Seconded by Fritz. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried. Kuhlman move to leave closed session at 4:53 p.m. Seconded by Borgmann. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried. Fritz moved to offer Josh Weber a two year contract for $120,000. Seconded by Borgmann. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried.
At 4:59 p.m. Morrill moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Fritz. RCV: 6-0. Motion Carried.
Jennifer Hoffman, Secretary