Agenda November 11, 2019
The regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Creighton Community School District No. 13 was held on November 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Library.
Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by publication in the Knox County News, as shown by the Affidavit of Publication attached to the minutes. Notice was also posted at the City Offices, front door of the high school, and front door of the elementary school.
Notice of the meeting was simultaneously sent to all the members and a copy of their acknowledgment and receipt of notice and agenda is attached to these minutes. Availability of the agenda was communicated in the advance notice as was the notice to the members of this meeting. All proceedings hereafter shown were taken while the convened meeting was opened to the attendance of the public. The agenda for the meeting is attached and incorporated into these minutes.
President Morrill called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Morrill announced that the Open Meeting Laws Act Poster was displayed on the wall at the entrance.
Members present: Kay Morrill, Duane Fanta, Greg Kuhlman, Matt Fritz, and Amy Borgmann. Fritz moved to approve Dixie Hanefeldt’s absence. Seconded by Borgmann. RCV: 5-0. Motion Carried.
Others Present: Superintendent Thompson, Principal Nilson, and Secretary Hoffman.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Kuhlman moved to approve the agenda, seconded by Borgmann. RCV: 5-0. Hanefeldt excused. Motion Carried.
There was no public comment.
- Superintendent Thompson shared that there was a lot of good information shared at the PIE conference on November 5. The architect is working on specs for the roof. We host conference one acts on November 19 so there will be no school. Mrs. Tyler has resigned as the head volleyball coach.
- Principal Nilson stated that formal evaluations are underway. He shared testing data from the the ACT exam and NSCAS. Creighton’s data was compared to state and peer school’s averages.
- President Morrill explained that superintendent evaluation forms had been emailed to the board members. The NASB monthly update was shared and upcoming workshops and committee work were shared.
- There were no committee reports.
- There was no correspondence.
Fanta moved to approve the consent agenda of monthly financial reports, October 14th minutes, and policy 202.01 with recommended changes. Seconded by Kuhlman. RCV: 5-0. Hanefeldt excused. Motion Carried.
- Superintendent Thompson shared an estimate for putting up storage behind the football bleachers. The approximate cost will be $3,500 for supplies and the labor will be provided by the industrial tech students as a project. Fritz moved to approve the estimate for a new storage area. Seconded by Kuhlman. RCV: 5-0. Hanefeldt excused. Motion Carried.
- Fanta moved to approve Morrill as the board’s delegate assembly representative at the NASB State Education Conference. Seconded by Fritz. RCV: 5-0. Hanefeldt excused. Motion Carried.
The following bills were paid:
At 7:49 p.m., Kuhlman moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Borgmann. RCV 5-0. Hanefeldt excused. Motion carried. The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Monday, December 9, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Library.
Jennifer Hoffman, Secretary