Agenda August 13, 2018
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
August 13, 2018 7:00 p.m.
- Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular August meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on August 13th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted on the wall at the door.
- Meeting date, place and time were posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Offices and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
- Consent Agenda
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- Approval of July Minutes
- Approval of KSB School Law as Legal Counsel for 2018-19
- Approval of Dana F. Cole & Company for School Auditor and annual audit 2018-19
- Board President
- Committee Reports
VI. Discussion/Action Items
- Discuss Americanism Committee – State Statute 79-724
B. Discuss and act on resignation of cook
C. Discuss and act on hiring of head cook.
- Discuss and act on underground sprinklers
- Discuss and act on concrete bid
G. Discuss and act on bus contract and routes
- Discuss and act on inter local agreement
- Discuss and act on NRSCA membership
- Schedule Special Meeting - Budget Workshop for August 27 at 7:00- tentative Hearing – Tax Request -Sept. 5
- Approve board member attendance at NASB Labor Relations Conference in Lincoln (9/5-9/6)
- Special Board Meeting - Budget Workshop August 27th at 7:00
- Budget Hearing and Tax Request September 5th
- September Regular Board Meeting –September 10
- NASB State Conference November 14-16 - LaVista
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.