Agenda September 9, 2019
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
September 9th, 2019 7:00 p.m.
- Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular September meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on September 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted on the wall at the door.
- Meeting date, place and time were posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Offices and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
- Board President
- Committee Reports
V. Consent Agenda
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes from August 22th Budget Workshop
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes from September 4th Budget Hearing
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes from September 4th Tax Request Hearing
- Discussion/Action Items
A. Discuss and Act on 2019-2020 Tax Resolution
B. Discuss and Act on 2019-2020 Tax Request Resolution
C. Discuss and Act on 2019-2020 Budget
E. Discuss and Act on Phone System upgrade
F. Discuss and Act on Creighton Teachers Association to be recognized as the exclusive bargaining agent for 2021-2022 school year.
G. Discuss and Act on NASB workshops
1. Next regular Board of Education Meeting- Oct 14th at 7:00 p.m
3. NASB Labor Relations- September 11th -12th (Lincoln)
3. NASB Area Meeting- Sept. 25th - (Norfolk)
4. NASB State Conference November 20th -22nd (Omaha)
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.