November 9, 2015 Agenda
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
November 9th, 7:00pm
CALL TO ORDER:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF NEBRASKA OPEN MEETINGS ACT POSTED:
VERIFY MEETING PUBLICATION:
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton Community High School, Creighton Community Elementary, and Creighton City Hall and published in the Creighton News.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of last regular meeting
APPROVAL OF TREASURER’S REPORT & BILLS
- Treasurer’s Report
- Payment of Bills
- McDowell Update
- Welcome patrons and visitors
- Members of the public may address the board on items of a general nature at this point.
Each individual will be limited to five minutes for public input and the public input period may be limited to ten minutes. If you wish to address the board concerning a specific agenda item, listed below, introduce yourself at this time and identify the agenda item you intend to address and you will be notified when it is your turn to speak. If multiple people wish to speak about a specific agenda item, designate no more than two speakers to speak within the public comment parameters, as stated in this section.
- Review correspondence
PRESENTATION: Rhonda Jindra, from ESU #1 will share information on AQuESTT
- Superintendent Report
- Principal Report
- President of the Board of Education Report
- Discuss State of the Schools Report From NDE
- Discuss Plainview Meeting
- Discuss Community Survey Committee Meeting
- Discuss and Set Dates for Committees – Building
- Discuss/Act on 2015-2016 Certified Staff Negotiations
- Discuss and hand out Superintendents Evaluation Document
- Discuss policies 1160-3010
- Discuss NASB State Education Conference Nov. 18-20th
- Discuss Personnel
- Discuss Student option enrollment
- Act on Option Enrollment (If Necessary)
- Act on Creighton Education Association is recognized as the exclusive bargaining agent for the district’s non-supervisory certificated staff for 2017-2018 contract year.
- Act on investigating cooping with one or more schools.
- Set date for next regular Board of Education Meeting (Monday, December 14th @ 7:00 pm)
Christmas concerts are scheduled for 6:00 and 7:30 p.m. on the 14th.
*Members of the Board of Education may move to enter “closed” session at any point during the regular meeting for (a) the protection of the public interest or (b) the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual. “closed” sessions may be held for, but shall not be limited to such reasons as (a) strategy sessions with respect to collective bargaining, real estate purchases, pending litigation, (b) deployment of security personnel or devices, (c) investigate proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct, or (d) evaluation of the job performance of a person when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of a person and if such person has not requested a public hearing.