Agenda August 12, 2019
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
August 12, 2019 7:00 p.m.
- Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular August meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on August 12th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted on the wall at the door.
- Meeting date, place and time were posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Offices and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
- Board President
- Committee Reports
V. Consent Agenda
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- Approval of July Minutes
- Approval of KSB School Law as Legal Counsel for 2019-20
- Approval of Dana F. Cole & Company for School Auditor and annual audit 2019-20
- Approval of Americanism Statue 79-724
- Approval of NRSCA membership
- Annual Approval of Board Policy Manual
- Approval of staff handbook
VI. Discussion/Action Items
A. Discuss and act on bus contract and routes
B. Approval of purchase of 14 passenger bus
C. Approval of pressure tank for sprinkler system
D. Discuss and act on interlocal agreement
E. Schedule Special Meeting - Budget Workshop for August 22nd at 7:00- tentative Hearing – Tax Request -Sept. 4
F. Discuss Utilization of School Vehicles for summer activities.
G. Approve board member attendance at NASB Labor Relations Conference in Lincoln (9/11-9/12), NASB Area Membership (9-25) Norfolk, and NASB State Conference (11-20-22) - CHI
- Special Board Meeting - Budget Workshop August 22th at 7:00
- Budget Hearing and Tax Request September 4th
- September Regular Board Meeting –September 9
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.