Agenda January 14, 2019
Creighton Public Schools
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
January 14, 2019 7:00 p.m
I. Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular January meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on January 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted in the H.S. Library
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton Community High School, Creighton Community Elementary, and Creighton City Hall and published in the Creighton News
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance
II. Oath of Office/Election of Officers-
A. Oath of Office- 201.04, 203.01
B. Election of President- 203.02
C. Election of Vice- President- 203.03
D. Election of Treasurer- 203.05
E. Appointment of Secretary – 203.04
lll. Approval of Agenda
IV. Public Comment:
10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. Only those speakers recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Any written or printed materials to be circulated for a meeting of the school board must be submitted to the superintendent by the Wednesday preceding a Monday night meeting.
V. Consent Agenda
- Minutes from December 12th Regular Board Meeting
- Monthly financial report
C. Appoint Superintendent as district’s Non-discrimination Compliance Coordinator
D. Regular board meetings as the Second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
- Superintendent report
- Principal report
- Board President
- Committee Reports
VII. Discussion/Action Items
- Approval of Superintendent Contract
- Discuss Technology
- Discuss NDE State of Schools Report
- Discuss and Act on NASB/NRCSA conferences
- Regular February Board Meeting – February 11th, 2019 at 7:00
- NASB Legislative Issues Conference Workshop – January 27-28, 2019.
- NRCSA Conference- March 21-22, 2019.
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.