Agenda August 8, 2016
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
August 8th, 2016 7:00 p.m.
I.Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular August meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on August 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted in the H.S. Library
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton Community High School, Creighton Community Elementary, and Creighton City Hall and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance
II.Approval of Agenda
III.Staff and Student Presentation
IV.Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. Only those speakers recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Any written or printed materials to be circulated for a meeting of the school board must be submitted to the superintendent by the Wednesday preceding a Monday night meeting.
- Board President
- Board Committees
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Minutes of the previous board meeting
- Monthly financial report
- Certificated/Classified Hires(s)/Reassignments/Resignations
- McDowell Information
- 360 Energy Engineer will discuss replacing the boiler system with the addition of AC in the High School
- Set date & time for finance committee
- Board Workshop review
- Discuss and Act on cooping all junior high sports with Plainview for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Action Items
- Act on Proposed Bus Routes
- Budget workshop & pay bills August 30, 7:00 p.m.
- Budget Hearing – September 12, 6:40 p.m.
- Tax Request Hearing – September 12, 6:50 p.m.
- Next regular Board of Education Meeting – September 12, 7:00 p.m.
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.