Agenda October 9, 2017
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
October 9, 2017 at 7:00pm
- Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular October meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on October 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted in the H.S. Library
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton Community High School, Creighton Community Elementary, and Creighton City Hall and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. Only those speakers recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Any written or printed materials to be circulated for a meeting of the school board must be submitted to the superintendent by the Wednesday preceding a Monday night meeting.
- Board President
- Consent Agenda
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Minutes from September 11 Regular Board Meeting
- Minutes from October 2 Special Board Meeting
- Monthly financial report
- Act on Creighton Teachers Association to be recognized as the exclusive bargaining agent for 2019-2020
- Discuss/Act on Policy 508.13 Wellness Policy
- Discuss/Act on Policy Recommendations for Policies 402.06, 402.08, 404.05, 403.07, 404.06,
404.06R1 and 404.07.
D. Discuss Goal Setting results
E. Approve NASB Conferences
F. Appoint Delegate Assembly Representative
G. Approval of outside Facilitator for Planning and Development
H. Public comment on possible Drug Testing Policy
I. Strategy session with regards to collective bargaining/negotiations.
- Next regular Board of Education Meeting – November 13, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
- NASB conference – November 15-17, 2017 (Tim, Colleen, Kay)
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.