August BOE Agenda
Click here to view the August Board of Education Agenda as a PDF.
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
August 14, 2017 7:00 p.m.
I.Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular August meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on August 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted on the wall at the door.
- Meeting date, place and time were posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Offices and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
II.Approval of Agenda
III.Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- Approval of July Minutes
- Approval of KSB School Law as Legal Counsel for 2017-18
- Approval of Dana F. Cole & Company for School Auditor and annual audit 2017-18
- Approval of bus routes for 2017-18
- Board President
VI. Discussion/Action Items
- Annual review (public comment welcome/hearing) and act on Parental Involvement Policy #1005.03
- Annual review (public comment welcome/hearing) and act on Student Fees Policy #504.19
- Review and act on Harassment Policy #504.18 and #504.18R1
- Annual review and act on Bullying Policy #504.20
- Discuss Policy #304.03 and act on recommended changes
- Discuss Americanism Committee – State Statute 79-724
- Review of Federal Notices – ESEA, FERPA, PPRA, Child Nutrition Programs, AHERA, McKinney Vento, Non-Discrimination, IDEA
- Building & Grounds Report for HVAC System/Discuss and Act on Change Order – Minutes and Estimates for Change Order from Jack/Justin
- Discuss/Update on TREMCO and roofing situation
- Approve board member attendance at NASB Labor Relations Conference in Lincoln (9/6-9/7)
- Approve board member attendance at NASB Area Membership Meeting in Norfolk (9/20)
- Schedule finance and safety committee meeting for August 21
- Schedule Special Meeting - Budget Workshop for August 28 at 7:00- tentative Hearing – Tax Request -Sept. 6
- Board and Public input on a possible drug testing policy
- Approve/deny option enrollment
- Special Board Meeting - Budget Workshop August 28 at 7:00
- Budget Hearing and Tax Request September 6
- September Regular Board Meeting –September 11
- NASB State Conference November 15-17 - LaVista
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.