Agenda February 12, 2018
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
High School Library
February 12, 2018 at 7:00pm
- Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular February meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on February 12th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Library
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted in the H.S. Library
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Hall and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
- Approval of Minutes
- Consent Agenda
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- McDowell report
- Board committees
- Reviewed Policies 602.01 thru 612.17 with recommended changes to
Policies 602.02,604.01,605.01,611.08, 203.06.
- Board President
- Board Committees
- Discussion/Action Items
- Discuss and Act on Proposed Calendar
- Discuss and Act on payment for 360 Engineers, LLC.
- Discuss and Act on TeamMates Mentoring Program
- Discuss and Act on Resignation of 5th Grade Teacher
- Discuss and Act on new English Teacher’s Contract
- Discuss and Act on new Industrial Technology Teacher’s Contract
- Discuss and Act on Superintendent’s Salary
- Discuss and Act on Principal’s Contract/Salary for 2018-2019
- Discuss and Act on Names for Planning and Development Community Group
- Discuss and Approve Annual Membership Dues for NASB
- Approve board workshops
- March 12th Board Meeting 7:00 p.m
- February 18-19 President’s Retreat - Lincoln
- Education Forum- February 21-21- Kearney
- Budget and Finance- February-28- Lincoln March-15- Kearney
- March 3-4 Back to the Basics of School Law – Freemont
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.