Agenda June 19, 2017
CREIGHTON COMMUNITY PUBLIC SCHOOL
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
June 19, 2017 7:00 p.m.
I.Opening the Meeting
- Call to Order: The regular June meeting of the Creighton Public School District Board of Education is called to order on June 19th at 7:00 p.m. in the H.S. Room 403
- Nebraska Open Meetings Law is posted in the H.S. Library
- Meeting date, place and time was posted at the Creighton H.S, Creighton Elem, Creighton City Offices and published in the Creighton News.
- Roll Call:
- Pledge of Allegiance
II.Approval of Agenda
III.Public Comment: 10 minutes will be the total time for public comment. Individual comments will be limited to 5 minutes for each participant, or the total public comment time allowed will be divided equally among speakers. The Board President will recognize these individuals to make their comments at the appropriate time. Only those individuals who have filled out the “Request to Speak at Public Comment Period” form and have been recognized by the board president shall be allowed to speak. Policy 204.12
Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Monthly financial report
- Approval of Minutes
- Approve policies 203.02, 203.03, 203.04, 203.05, 203.06, 301.03, 301.04, 302.02, 302.04, 302.05, 303.05, 303.06509.03, 607.09, 804.01, 804.01R1
- Brenna Thies has been hired as a para-professional for the 2017-2018 school year
- Board President
VI. Discussion/Action Items
- Hear a report on Multi-cultural teaching
- Discuss/Waive 2nd reading and Act on 203.01 Board Organizational meeting, 204.10 Agenda, 204.11 Meeting Minutes, 206.02 Board association memberships, 206.03 Board Member development, 304.03 Handbook
- Discuss FES presentation update
- Discuss and Act on Handbook changes
- Discuss, consider, receive legal advice, and take any necessary action regarding current construction and renovation projects, roof contracts, warranty issues, and hiring alternative contractors for purposes of repairing and servicing necessary areas in the event of continued default by current contractors.
1. July 10th Board Meeting 7:00 p.m.
2. July 20th Open Meetings Workshop - Norfolk
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meeting Law.